What's worse than finding a cockroach in your Cafe Rio salad?
Finding half of a cockroach in your Cafe Rio salad!!
It happened to me today.
I was at lunch with a co-worker, another doctor and his office manager. I was about 1/3 of the way finished with the salad when I happened to look at my fork. I thought I saw a stick mixed in with the beans and lettuce I was about to eat. I carefully pulled the stick out of the beans and placed it on the table beside my plate...
Hum, I thought. A stick. Is that really something that should be in my salad? And it looks like the stick has eyes. Oh my goodness! The stick has legs and antenna!! I think I'm done with my salad. Yep! I'm definitely done with my salad. Its a bug!! A BUG!! A bug that has been chopped cleanly in half! Where is the other half?! I am having a hard time joining in with the conversation at the table. Everyone is going to think I am so boring. Oh dear, I can't help it! I keep looking at the bug! What kind of a bug is it? Where is it's other half? And WHY is it still MOVING? It is cut in half!! At least it is sitting on its back so it can't crawl into my lap! I think I might be sick. Look at all the people in the restaurant...its packed. Does anyone else have a bug in their meal? Do they have my other half? Should I tell someone? Should I tell the people at my table. Oh, my heck, the bug is really moving. What if I had put that thing in my mouth? Can this lunch be over already?! I can't wait to leave and NEVER come back...
I did end up telling a bus boy about the bug and he got the supervisor. I was given 3 free meals, which I promptly gave away. I'm glad that I didn't know what kind of "bug" it was at the restaurant. One of my co-workers asked me if it was a cockroach. What does a cockroach look like? Well, I only saw half of it...
Look familiar?







5 comments:
LOL, after falling off my chair with the perfect vision I had of my little sister sitting down to a meal of mature insects, I then abruptly threw up in the garbage can. I can only hope McKay will find the courage to kiss once again, I hope you brushed well, and then brushed again....I can't stop laughing...I can't wait to show Michelle this post!!! I guess if you ever start to
"bug" me, I'll know it's not your fault, after all, you are what you eat!....LOL.........
For REAL? that is the worst! you did such a good job explaining that. all the questions that surface after such an experience. so, do you think you ate the other half without realizing it? do you think it was alive in your salad and you cut it and ate half of it and then saw the other half? I recently found a twisty-tie in my mouth after taking a bite of a restaurant meal.
Honestly this isn't the first time I've heard of bugs in Cafe Rio food/salads . . . that's a problem for sure. I've avoided them since the last bug story I heard . . . at least a year ago. So glad you lived to tell about it :)
This story couldn't come at a worse time. I just found out that a Cafe Rio was opening here on the east coast and I was so excited to venture the 1 1/2 hours to get there.
Now, I'm thinking twice. I mean, I know that it's unlikely that they ship cockroaches from SJ Utah to put in the salads here, but still.
Also, I know this is kind of a funny story, but I haven't been able to laugh yet. I'm so skeeved.
I hate to revisit, but I found the blog for one of the food-infested incidents I knew about . . . I know you remember AJ :) Here is the link http://www.satiregirl.com/2010/11/i-think-i-am-going-to-be-sick.html
Post a Comment