I thought my friend Trisha and I were about the only ones crazy enough to want to run a half marathon in the middle of winter...clearly, I was wrong! There was a road full of other crazy runners just like us, in 30 degree weather, running 13.1 miles on a beautiful, clear January morning! It was really amazing. I was able to meet my goal of a 2 hour run. Yay! It was so fun to have a friend (Trisha - thanks for all your support!) and an IPOD with great music. McKay, thanks for cheering me on! Full marathon anyone???
Tuesday, January 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







8 comments:
Congratulations on the marathon! That is great you reached your goal time!!
I'm proud of both you and Trisha for what you have accomplished! You girls worked so hard for this and it was nice to see you two be able to accomplish it. Trisha is lucky to have a friend like you who can help bring out the best in each other. Trisha and I had so much fun on the trip (except the whole police incident in Colorado City), McKay and I are up for you girls doing a marathon... just as long as it is close by a golf course! :)
Congratulations! I am glad to see you posted about it. I was afraid I was going to have to make a few comments on your blog announcing it :) Sorry again about embarrassing you in Relief Society.
Are you really serious about doing a full marathon? I think you are crazy. But I will try to work up to a half if you are interested in doing another this summer.
Congrats Dixie, that's awesome. I just got done commenting on Trisha's blog about how crazy a half marathon is and how I'm freaking out just because I have to run 6 miles for the Spudman, so that's impressive that you did the half in 2 hours. Way to go.
Didn't you know that all runners are crazy? It runs in your blood. And when you pick a marathon, let me know. Maybe my knees will miraculously heal, but probably not.
AHH, your NUTS! I Love it! Your so athletic! No wonder you so freakin' skinny! Maybe I need to run a couple half marathons. LOL. (hmm, I just want to loose weight NOT kill myself) haha. Well congratulations. You are awesome!
Under two hours!? That is great! Once again-I am amazed!
Chels
Way to go Dixie! Looks fun!
Post a Comment