Eat your heart out Edward! I mean Everyone...
Yes, it's true. I was there. In the madness of it all, with all the 11-year old girls, prom dresses and the excitement over the new book release of "Breaking Dawn". I pre-ordered my copy so that I could avoid driving to 5 stores, waiting in line and a late night. (You all know I am not a night person...) I was willing to make an exception for the late night thing when last minute a few of my neighbors decided to get together for dessert at the Melting Pot and get our copies of the new book.
Needless to say, we arrived at Barnes and Noble in Sandy along with the rest of the world (the female world that is...) only to be somewhat discouraged because we would have to wait in line forever even with wristbands. We then decided to check out the WalMart down the street to see what their lines were like. Again a long line. Being as late as it was (nearly midnight) I'm sure our minds weren't working quite like they should have because then we decided to drive to the WalMart in Herriman because we would be closer to home. Again - a long line (duh!). What did we do at that point you ask? Of course get back in our convertable, silver Volvo and drive to one final destination...the Smiths grocery store in Herriman. Very close to home now. As we walked in the store there was a display with 3 copies of the book on the table left. There were 4 of us. I walked in and out of the store without a copy. Good thing I preordered the book after all huh?
I have yet to receive my copy, which is a little disappointing, but it will come soon enough. I had a lot going on this weekend anyway. I have heard from a few of you that the book is somwhat of a let down. Some of you have even told me that you didn't want to finish the book. Yikes! I know she isn't a great author (great storyteller yes, author no), but for crying out loud, not finishing a book is serious business. I will not hold high expectations for this one and maybe I won't be disappointed.
Just a little trivia for all you fans out there, here are a few of my favorite questions they were handing out at the Barnes and Noble party:
Twilight
1. What are Jacob's sisters names?
2. What was Bella eating at her first lunch with Edward at school?
3. In Renee's first email to Bella, she has lost her what?
New Moon
1. When is Bella's birthday?
2. What holiday are they celebrating in Volterra?
3. What was Alice's original full name?
Eclipse
1. Bella's wedding dress reminds her of what?
2. How many people has Rosalie killed?
3. Who designed Bella's wedding dress?
I didn't know many of the answers, do you?








6 comments:
Sorry to be one of those friends who had to talk about what a let down it was - I hope you enjoy it more than I did. I love how in the picture at the restaurant you all have red vampire eyes! :)
What a fun night that was. You forgot to also mention us driving in a silver volvo with our hair flying everywhere :)
AHH! I love you Dixie, your so funny. I don't know what is wrong with me. My inside, 14 year old, twilight, obsessed teen, is WISHING I had the book and had stayed up ALL NIGHT to read it, but the ACTUAL me... married 25 year old with three kids... thinks that all this hype is SO DUMB... LOL. SO needless to say, I'm buying to book tomorrow, and have been trying to find out more about the book before I read it, so there are no suprises. Stupid I know, but it's like... If I KNOW that she ends up with Jacob, then I won't be "Hoping" that she and Edward live happily ever after. LOL LOL>... LISTEN TO ME... I have issues!
Shelley
Ok... so I went at midnight too with Eric to get my book at Barnes and Noble. (normally not something I would do.) The line was INSANE!!! Yes, even her in Cali!!! This store was two stories and the line weaved in and out of the book shelves throughout the bottom floor and then continued up to the top floor. YIKES! We walked in and I really thought I would have just been able to purchase it and leave. NOPE! We got put in the line upstairs... Luckily my sweet husband talked to the manager, told him how miserable I am with my belly and all (being 9 months pregnant)and the manager let us go to the front of the line and purchase the book! There are some benefits about being pregnant! :)Anyway, I wont say anything about the book, but I miss ya. Big hugs, love ya!
Yeah for 45 year old women in wedding dresses and veils, best night of my life! :)
Dixie...I can't believe you drove all over for that book! Crazy! I don't know the answers to any of the questions, and I didn't preorder the book...I guess I'm not a real fan!
Post a Comment