Sunday, September 14, 2008

BBQ - Better Late than Never...

This weekend, McKay and I went to Dr. Horsley's house (my boss) for a work BBQ. We had a lot of fun hanging out and visiting with people that we are normally too busy during the work day to hang out and visit with.


(A few of the girls)
I know, I know, you are asking, "What are you doing having a BBQ this late into the fall? Wasn't it cold? Wasn't it dark?" Yes it was all of those things, but trying to coordinate a BBQ for that many different schedules during a busy summer is not an easy task. In fact, we almost didn't have the get-together at all!

It got a little chilly, so Dr. Horsley started a fire in his fire pit. Despite smelling like smoke afterwards, we all enjoyed keeping warm, roasting marshmallows and laughing.

The food was delicious, the yard was absolutely amazing and Dr. Horsley surprised us all with a very generous bonus! Wow! Thanks for having us over Dr. Horsley! Definitely better late than never! :-)

4 comments:

E Winzeler said...

How fun! It's never too late for a BBQ! How nice to have such a wonderful, kind boss...they're hard to come by! Hope you guys are doing well!!!

Branden said...

What a nice boss. I saw him this last Saturday at the baptism of Kristi's cousin. I chatted with him and we reminisced about the Linkin Park concert.

Susanne said...

looks like a great time!!! just wanted to wish you a happy birthday on the 13th. sorry so late. just wanted you to know i was thinking of you!!

Unknown said...

Hey! where's my bonus? j/k
I have not commented on your blog (anyones for that matter) in a while, I'm still learning to track down 2 kids at once but I'm getting better at it. I'm glad to see you and Mac doing well. Trisha and I miss you guys a bunch. It's hard to believe that you have been down here twice and we have not been able to connect with you (that California traffic must really be horrible). Anyways, dont feel dumb about having a BBQ in the fall, the best bbq's are in the fall. They are famously know "tailgate parties" to us football fans :)