Wednesday, January 7, 2009

There's a Bun In The Oven!!


Do you ever call your Mom for advice? Do you ever call your Mom just to talk? Cry? Laugh?


I do all of those things with my Mom. She is great! I don't know what I would do without her.


I called my Mom on Monday for advice. Our conversation went something like this:

"Hey Mom!"

"Hey Dix!"

"What ya doin?"

"Oh, just visiting with some friends here at the house"

"Ok, I'll be quick then. I just have a question a girl can only ask her Mom..."

"Sure no problem. What's going on?"

"Well...you see...Sunday night (yesterday) I was cleaning out the freezer...."

"Yes?..."

"...and I found some rolls that I thought I would thaw and cook. I placed them in the oven to thaw and raise...."

"Ok?"
"Well, I was just getting ready to put something in the dishwasher when something in the oven caught my eye...MY ROLLS! FROM YESTERDAY! What in the world? They are all raised...can I still cook them? (Laugh, laugh...)"

"(Laugh, laugh)...Probably not Dix! It was a good try though."

(More laughing)...

The story gets better....I got a text from my Mom today. This is what it said:

"You will NEVER guess what I did!!! You made rolls sound good, so I put some in the oven to thaw yesterday - yup! Just found em!..."

My Mom cracks me up! Like mother like daughter! I guess there are real "Buns" in our ovens! :-)

Did I have you going there? Ha Ha! That story is true by the way...

8 comments:

House of Smiths said...

DANG IT Dixie! You are so bad... I was freaking out!
LOL
Shelley Smith

Kristi said...

I was so confused when I saw the title of your post... I was thinking, "so does this mean I don't have to do the marathon either?" :)

Mike and Timette said...

You can't do stuff like that. I was so excited. But you did make me laugh!!

Christiansen's said...

Dang you Dixie, when I first saw the title I thought there was no way you would just give it away like that without even having to read the post. Way to get us all going there for a second :)

amelia said...

OOH! What if you said "Buns"!!! People would really go crazy and think you were having multiples. That would have really made them mad! he he he!

Hey, Thank you so much for the nice Christmas gift! I've been meaning to call you! I'm sad I missed you when you stopped by!

Seriously, when can we get together with you guys? How's Mac's schedule these days?

Jodi said...

Dixie! You little joker! I about died when I read the title of this post!!! But then I settled myself right down because I thought, "she wouldn't tell us she was pregnant with a blog post! We would certainly be sitting down to a nice dinner at Chin Wah!!!" :)

Love and miss you guys so much!! As soon and things settle down for you and Mac a little bit, we are first on the list to get together. Love ya!

Jod

Susannah said...

Funny, not. I was just looking at Heather's blog and noticed she had a link to you and I thought fun, I want to see Dixie's blog and then I saw the title and about died. NOT FUNNY. Anyway, I hope you are all doing well and thanks for letting me check up on you. I will have to keep looking at your blog.

Julie said...

That is so funny! You guys are a crack up! I hope it's okay that I found you off Kristi's blog. I don't know why I didn't notice you sooner. I don't blog surf enough I guess.