Monday, February 23, 2009

100,000

You have been a good little car. You were seriously injured within the first week of your precious life by a stranger. You have driven me to the same job for nearly 8 years. You have had regular tune-ups at 5,000 mile intervals. You have tinted windows and black leather seats. You get a regular bath in the summer time, and random baths in the winter time. You let me sing to you while we are alone. You have taken me and my husband on many road trips. You are paid for. You transport our bikes for us. You now have 100,000 miles. Will you keep going?

4 comments:

Ross Co. said...

It's a VW! Of course it will! We got to 120,000 before we sold off the Jetta!

Branden said...

You can probably get another 200K out of that thing, it's a VW. German engineers are the best, and I guess that's why they charge so much anytime you need to fix them.

Julie said...

How sweet. I get pretty attached to my vehicle after so many memories! Nice tribute. Well, you might have to give her a few new internal organs sooner or later but sure, she'll last. I'm sorry, I forgot to ask if you have a girl car or a boy car. I usually think of cars as girls.

Heather said...

I had 175,000 on my Subaru before I bought a new car...and it was still going good.