Sunday, February 8, 2009

McKay told me, "No one cares!"

When I find something great, I want to share it. Whether its a great shoe sale, a yummy recipe or a heartwarming story, I want to tell everyone. When I told my husband I was going to put a post on the blog about Peppermint Oil, his exact words to me were, "No one cares!" Maybe they don't and maybe they do. I have found something great though, and so I will share...

Peppermint oil is my new best friend.


After a long run, my muscles ache. I can't take Advil because I am allergic to it. Instead, I use Peppermint oil. It is magic! I love the stuff. The smell is strong (I smell like a candy cane), but it relaxes my muscles and takes the pain away.


In case you care, here is a little more info in Peppermint oil...


Peppermint oil is excellent for mental fatigue and depression, refreshing the spirit and stimulating mental agility and improving concentration. It helps for apathy, shock, headache, migraine, nervous stress, vertigo and faintness and in general respiratory disorders, as well as dry coughs, sinus congestion, asthma, bronchitis, pneumonia, tuberculosis and cholera.


For the digestive system, peppermint oil is effective for a range of ailments, as it stimulates the gall bladder and the secretion of bile. It is used for colic, cramps, dyspepsia, spastic colon, flatulence and nausea and can relieve pain in cases of toothache, aching feet, rheumatism, neuralgia, muscular pains and painful periods.


On the skin, peppermint oil is used to relieve skin irritation and itchiness and also helps to reduce skin redness, where inflammation is present. It is used for dermatitis, acne, ringworm, scabies and pruritus and also relieves itching, sunburn and inflammation of the skin, while at the same time having a cooling action.

13 comments:

chelle. said...

hey dixie...i just found your blog, so i thought i would say hi. and that i care about peppermint oil. i have several friends that use it for various reasons and they all swear by it. maybe i'll have to look into it. hope you don't mind if i stalk your blog...you can stalk mine! hope all is well! :)

Tiffany said...

I also care to hear about Peppermint Oil! My dad was telling me recently that my sister gave him some to rub on his upset stomach--it worked! I think I need to get me some.

Lisa R said...

Hey Dixie,

I definitely care about peppermint oil! I've been taking it for a long time! It is a very wonderful thing to have. I am glad to hear that it is helping take care of your aches and pains from running. I haven't used it for that.
I'm going to add in a couple more things for running pain (I also don't hardly every take Tylenol or Advil).
Taking a warm bath in a tub with Epsom salts. Wow, relaxing and really helps! (and is very cheap!)
Also Arnica is a great muscle pain reducer.
Well, I'm really into all that kind of stuff, so I definitely care!
Glad you found peppermint!

Bangerter family said...

So, I haven't looked at blogs for a while and I was just scrolling down yours and reading it and such and then came the headline there is a bun in the oven! It took me a little by surprise, I thought you were announcing something. I read the whole thing just to be sure! Now I know, rolls! Anyway I got a good laugh out of that one!

Villarreal's said...

Well, I think u have done ur job in proving ur husband wrong! :P It looks like u have not only interested ur fellow bloggers, but have also gotten them all excited about buying it! Thanks woman! I am definately gonna try it out!
-Trisha

Kam and Jodie said...

Oh, Dixie! Thank you so much for taking those pictures for me. Let's keep it a suprise for as long as we can, but if we can get some of him smiling at the camera, that would be great! If you could just give them to him Thursday or Friday, which ever day he works last, that would be awesome! Thanks again I really appreciate it. What is you and your husbands favorite restaurant?

Kam and Jodie said...

Oh, and PS... I also care about the peppermint oil! I have never heard about it before, I will have to try it.

Heather said...

My mom loves peppermint tea, but I didn't know you could use peppermint for muscle aches! Hope you had a good run Saturday!

Handprints on the Walls said...

Ha ha! Tell McKay he didn't win! :)

Peppermint oil also takes away the heavy jeavy's. Everytime I throw up, I take that and SHAZAM, its gone! (I learned this 15 years ago on a LONG trip home from Lake Powell.)

Tristin

amelia said...

I CARE! I enjoy peppermint oil here and there! Another oil I think you'd like is panaway. It's a pain reliever as well! My mother-in-law is huge into essential oils--YOUNG LIVING and so I have quite a few of the oils they make and a great resource book explaining the benefits of each of them and how to use them. I totally believe they can heal and help in so many ways! I'm glad the peppermint's helping you! Seriously, when can we hang? We wanna come play Rock Band!

Mike and Timette said...

You tell McKay that I care!! Thanks for the info on Peppermint, I will have to order that scent for my Scenty, to make me more relaxed.

Julie said...

Wow! I had no idea. I need to get me some of that stuff. I know so many people who are into essential oils but I can't figure out how you use them. I guess I better get a book or something.

Kristi said...

I've been using it for 3 or 4 years! Love it for headaches, muscle aches, and nausea. My kids ask for oils when they are sick. Glad you are spreading the word and McKay, WE CARE!