
My morning began at 3:30 am yesterday. This is me and my dear friend, Heather before we boarded the bus to take us up to the top of Ogden canyon for annual Ogden Marathon. Don't we look happy?
I went into this run just wanting to get through it. I had an injury while training that slowed me down a bit, so I was just planning to finish and be grateful to get through it...
Mile 25.7

We had just crossed the finish line here. I am checking my GPS to see our final time and average pace. (My running GPS is my new favorite necessity -- it is as important as a good pair of running shoes!!)
Still smiling! We had a great time together. Heather was a pal and decided to run the marathon with me so I wouldn't have to run by myself. Her words were, "It will be fun!!" Fun. Sure. That's one word to describe it!She stayed with me and ran at my slow pace the entire time. I'm sure it was hard for her because I kept having to remind her not to go into "Turbo-Mode". Thanks so much Heather! It really was fun! Its amazing how much fun it can be having someone with you for those long miles and long hours.
Heather even stayed next to me despite my soaking hair and clothes! (I sweat a lot!) She is a trooper. Now we have St. George to look forward to in a few months. I have to shave 45 minutes off my time to keep up with her for St. George. Oh man, I have my work cut out for me.
Amazingly enough, our final time was 4:29! Considering my last marathon was 4:44 and I was expecting to be slower than that...I was thrilled. I want to be faster next time, so I'll be working this summer to improve.Thanks Heather for sticking with me and thanks McKay for getting up with us at such a ridiculous hour, for cheering us on and for awsome pictures! I love you guys!






11 comments:
That is awesome! Good for you! hey is that Heather Bunting? Bunting is her maiden name. If it is, I went to highschool with her.
4:29 are you kidding that is amazing. AWESOME!!!!
It was so fun! Thanks for a great day Dixie!
Congratulations, Dixie! I hold marathon runners in the highest esteem--the dedication and training amazes me. Bravo!
Did you ever know that you're my hero... :) Way to go Dixie. Sorry that I was a lame running partner. Someday I hope to be as awesome as you are!
That is so awesome! I always wanted to run a marathon until I watched Max run one last fall, he looked like death warmed over - it about killed him I swear (and he's done them in the past too) So looking at your post makes me think maybe! :)
Way to go!
Great Job Dixie!
4:45 was what I WANTED to run when I ran the Top of Utah Marathon all those years ago and I was still 1/2 slower than that, so way to go! And wow St. George too? You go girl!
Wow! And as always, the gear is key. You are always perfectly decked out for the occaision. Love it. I wish you could get me to love running.
ATTA GIRL!!! Great job, I love running, but dont think I will ever want to do a full marathon! That is a WHOLE LOTA running! That is seriously awesome! Keep it up!
YOU are awesome!
Good for you Dix, not sure where this running ambition comes from, but i'm the proof that is doesn't run in the family!! Though i wish it did. You rock, nice pics with the temple in the background, love it!!
Post a Comment