188 miles. 30 hours. 12 runners. 9:57 average pace. 3 boys. 9 girls. 2 suburbans. Lots of fun. No sleep. Plenty of granola bars. Did I mention no sleep?
If you haven't heard about the Wasatch Back or Ragnar Relay...that about sums it up. Our team began running in Logan on Friday morning at 8:00 am. We did not stop running until we crossed the finish line at 3:00 pm on Saturday. We ran through the night. We ran through the pouring rain. We ran up Guardsman Pass (ok, I ran up Guardsman Pass). We ran with no sleep. We ran with smiles on our faces.
Ok, sometimes we had smiles on our faces. We also ran in costumes...well, McKay ran in a costume. He was the last runner and we wanted to have costumes at the finish line so he had to run in his. Isn't he cute? We were 70s runners. (He has nice legs doesn't he?) I was careful not to stand next to him.
We actually made it into the Deseret News! Here is a link to the story:
We had so much fun. Who's in for next year?
.jpg)






6 comments:
I'm Heather's sister--I love the group shot of your "legacy" running!
you guys are hillarious! That actually sounds like a blast - maybe i'll join you next year -maybe! I'm running my own marathon right now, I'm in labor and have hours and hours to go. Yours looks so much more fun! btw- happy anniversary!
Nice legs McKay! Maybe you should have gone with shorter shorts!
It was so much fun running into you at 3AM in Coalville! Who knew McKay could be a blonde?:)
All your socks really do it for me! I love the whole get-up. The short shorts on the men-folk are hilarious. Cute.
Nice article. That's cool that you were featured in it.
Post a Comment