Its true. McKay now has another degree.
He now has 2 Masters degrees and 1 Bachelors.Schooling is quite a journey isn't it? When McKay and I were first married 9+ years ago he was just finishing his student teaching and later graduated from Utah State with his Bachelor's degree in Elementary Education. He then taught 4th grade for about 7 years. While still teaching, he earned a Masters degree in the Art of Teaching from Grand Canyon University.
This Masters degree came from BYU. Yeah, we know...BYU? McKay hates BYU! They do however, have an excellent Masters program for School Leadership. He was able to finish this degree in 15 months because he didn't have to teach at the same time. He has had wonderful experiences working in Elementary, Middle and High Schools as an Intern Principal. As soon as there are jobs available in our area, he will be able to apply and hopefully be working as an Assistant or Principal in the near future.
I know he will be such an asset wherever he ends up. Any school would be very fortunate to have McKay working for them. He has a heart of gold. He has changed the lives of so many of his students in the years past and will continue for many more years.
This next year, he has accepted a position at Heartland Elementary in West Jordan. He will not be teaching in the classroom but will be helping the Principal of the school as the School Climate Specialist. No, he is not going to be working on the A/C and furnace units of the school but will be setting up a school-wide mangement system.

McKay, I want you to know how very proud I am of all you have accomplished in your life. You are an example to all you come in contact with. There is not a harder working man out there. You do so much for me! I love you will all my heart! Congratulations on your achievement...It has been a lot of hard work. I love you!
(P.S. -- any of you bloggers out there who know how to make your paragraphs actually have a space between them once you click the "Publish Post" button....send a girl some help! I fix my wording all nice an pretty and then shazaam, spacing goes away between paragraphs. It seems to stay around the photos?! What in the world. How do I fix it?)








10 comments:
Congratulations McKay! That is a lot of hard work!
Congratulations, McKay! What an accomplishment! And congratulations to you, too, Dixie. We all know he couldn't have done it without your support.
That's awesome for McKay! What a lot of work! The new job sounds cool.
how WONDERFUL!
CONGRATULATIONS mr. school man!
what a HUGE accomplishment!
now that you'll so much free time :),
lets get together!
love ya,
the smiths
Congrats McKay! That is so awesome, I bet you're so glad to be done with school but that is SUCH an accomplishment!
Congrats McKay! That is so awesome, I bet you're so glad to be done with school but that is SUCH an accomplishment!
um-----it's a wonder why BYU even let you get a Master's from them! lol Congrats man. That is pretty cool. You guys are both amazing people and deserve the world
Congrats Mac. Yo0u are a true man going through that much school. Great to see you guys doing so good. Take care
Congrats McKay, That is really a great accomplishment!
Congratulations Mac. Your still the man. I'm proud of you! Reg
Post a Comment