Sunday, August 9, 2009

Mission Accomplished!

Wasn't yesterday the most beautiful day? The sun was shining. The temperature was cool. The perfect day for a run.

I ran the Provo River Half Marathon yesterday. That's me in the center. White visor. Pink top. The usual.
My only goal for this one was to be under 2 hours. (I am not a speedy runner). I am training for another marathon this fall so I incorporated this run on one of my rest weeks because some running friends told me this was a good one. I agree...good...not great. Organization was poor. Food at the finish line was...wait, was there food? At least there was water. I ran with my friend Jeanette. We both had the same goal...under 2 hours so when we finished in 1:55 I was ecstatic!

3 comments:

Kristi said...

I signed up for this one but apparently my check didn't get there in time because they sent me an email saying it was already full :( Glad you had a good race! I miss running with you!!!

Heather said...

Awesome! You guys did great!

Kam and Jodie said...

Hey Dixie. Its Kam Glad to here about your run. Did everybody dog out on ya. I would have run it with ya. Jodie and I are doing awesome the house is great and school is school. I don't believe the not being replaced comment. How are things in the office. Sorry, i don't check the blog that often. If you want you can email me k_kuhni@yahoo.com. I check that much more often.
Good to here from you