On Saturday, I ran the St. George Marathon.
My goal was 4:15. I would have been happy with anything under 4:30. Who knew I had it in me to run it under 4 hours!
I had to push hard, but luckily I had good music and a good pacer to get me across the finish line! 3:57 is a new PR for me.
When I was about 1/2 mile from the finish line I thought to myself, "I am going to finish in under 4 hours! I don't think I'll ever run another marathon! I don't think I'll ever lace up my running shoes for another run...!" Of course, once it was all over I was thinking, "I wonder which marathon I will do next..."
Runners are crazy people. Definitely lump me into the crazy category.
Sunday, October 4, 2009
3:57 -- Who Knew?!
at
9:44 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






7 comments:
That is amazing! Congratulations, you beautiful crazy person, you! If that picture was taken after the race, I'm going to kill myself--you look perfect!
CONGRATS Dixie! That is amazing!
Way to go Dixie! You are awesome!
you are crazy!!!
no- you're awesome! way to go!
That is fantastic Dixie! Great job running! I hope someday to be able to cover that kind of distance again!
Yes, you runners are quite a breed. I totally get how it is addicting. But you have to take the first step and I just can't bring myself to do that. Good job breaking your record. Impressive!
YAY DIX! How awesome! I am so proud of you... you are quite the runner! Our bishop also ran the St. George marathon, now I can tell him you beat his time, cuz I know he was over 4 hrs! ha ha... It is pretty funny how addicting running is once you stick with it! Keep up the good work!
Post a Comment