Do you send your kids to school and have full confidence that their teacher, principal, lunch ladies, janitor, bus driver, librarians, secretaries and crossing guards will take care of them?
I know this much, the students at Lone Peak Elementary in Sandy will be very well taken care of with their new principal. Their new principal is...drum roll please...the one and only McKay Robinson!

Do you picture the principal of your child's school as a fit, handsome, full-head-of-hair, designer-jean-wearin' man? I didn't think so. I picture an overweight, balding, aged man...not some young, good looking man! The funny thing is, most people in his school and Canyons School District can barely get through being introduced to him before they ask him if he is old enough to be a principal. One 5th grader asked, "What are you, 11?"
We laugh now, but I'm sure in 20 years, he will be wishing for those comments again. I'm sure the stress of the new job responsibilities will turn his hair grey sooner rather than later. :-)
McKay will be so great! He has already had some very nice compliments and is excited to move forward in changing the lives of those who come under his direction!
Congrats Honey! I am so proud of you and all of your accomplishments! I love you! Lone Peak Elementary is very lucky to have you!







12 comments:
Woah!!!!!!!! I'm SO impressed! What an accomplishment! Congrats you two. That's so exciting. And.... adult of you. LOL.
Best wishes!
Shelley
CONGRATULATIONS! We are so excited for you both and this accomplishment and opportunity! McKay will be amazing. You're right; Lone Peak is very lucky to have him!
That's awesome McKay! If I had a kid, I'd be thrilled to have them in your school!
Totally cool. Congrats McKay! I would also be thrilled if my kids went to his school. Way to go!
That is crazy! My mom was just telling me that they were in the process of getting another new principal-but I didn't think to ask who it was! My mom teaches 2nd grade at Lone Peak-Mrs. Carlisle! Good to know that she is in good hands!
Wahoo! That is my old stomping ground. I went to Lone Peak! And yes, my principal was an older, slightly chubby, balding man. He was great, but I bet McKay will be even better. Congratulations!
Hey Dix, Its Kam. Tell Mackay congrats for me thats awesome. Hope all is well at the Horsley circus. Tell all the girls hi from me.
Congrats, Congrats, and watch out in a couple years, I might be looking you up so I can come back and teach math again. WOW, Congrats again what an acomplishment, the teachers and the students are lucky to have you.
That is awesome! Yes, he doesn't look like a principal at all. That is so cool. Those lucky kids! Congrats! The both of you!
YEAH!!! We love lone peak- My girls went there last year for a bit til we moved here. They loved it. Tell him congrats- they are so lucky to have him. :)
giddy up!!! yee ha!!!
11 huh? so funny!
does this mean you two will settle down and start your family? i have to harass you a little :)
this is HUGE! way to always be amazing! best of wishes!
love you guys,
sam & amelia
I found out that a woman I'm in the RS presidency with is a teach at McKay's school! Small world!
Post a Comment