Saturday, July 9, 2011

Its a Fairy Party!

Last year I started a new tradition...a Fairy Hunt for all of my nieces. (It happens around midsummer night in June).


Let me tell you, it is fun being a girl! It is also fun being a "Fairy Godmother"! This year, we read a fairy journal to learn where to find fairies. We had notes written from fairies to each of the girls - giving them a list of scavenger hunt items to find out in the enchanted gardens. We had sweet (and very cute thanks to my friend Heather) cupcakes. We decorated our Fairy Treasure Chests. We made fairy crowns. The girls wore fairy tutus (thanks to my Mom for making them)! There was fairy dust. There were pictures taken. We had a sleepover outside so the fairies could fly over us and leave us with good dreams. To top it all off, we had flower-shaped pancakes the next morning.

Whew...it was a lot to pack in...but it was so worth it!!








I'm pretty sure I have the cutest nieces out there. Cute, cute girls!! We had such a good time!

I can't wait until next year!

2 comments:

Julie said...

That is awesome. What a lot of work. What lucky girls. What a fabulous memory for each of them. Do the boys feel jealous yet?

Heather said...

Dixie...You are the cutest aunt EVER! Will one of your sisters adopt me so you can be my aunt, too :)