Sunday, April 20, 2008

Dixie's Movie Tag

I was tagged by Kristi. Thanks...made me do some thinking...here it goes:

Favorite movies I have to be in the mood to watch:

  1. Legally Blonde: I know I am a nerd, but I am a total girl when it comes to movies. I surely have to be in the mood for this one, but when I am, I enjoy all the pink, the flirting and the cheesy girl power.
  2. Taking Lives: I love Angelina Jolie and I love this movie. It is pretty thick, so I have to be in the mood for a thriller and not a chick-flick.
Movies that make me laugh out loud no matter how many times I have watched them
  1. Wedding Crashers (Edited): Classic show. I am not a huge comedy fan, but I have to admit that this one makes me chuckle.
  2. Hitch: This one hits close to home for me. My little peanut and now my Ibprofen allergy make me look just like Hitch when he has his little allergic reaction. I always laugh at that one because it is so true and absolutely hilarious (only because he is still able to actually breathe though!)
My Guilty Pleasures:
  1. Mr. and Mrs. Smith: Two beautiful people in love (and married!). Who can't love this movie!?!
  2. Underworld (Edited): Vampires and a tough chick...of course I love this one!
Favorite movies I have watched so many times, I can recite all the lines:
  1. Center Stage: I am not a dancer, but wish I was. I could watch this movie over and over and though I am no good at remembering quotes from movies, maybe I could learn the dances!
  2. The Princess Bride: Like I said, I don't remember lines from movies, but who doesn't know a line or two of Princess Bride? "Deawrly bewuhved whee ahw gahvered togehver doday...wuhv tuhwoo wuhv..."
Movies that opened my eyes:
  1. Schindlers List (Edited): Everyone should see this movie to appreciate history we will never fully understand.
  2. Blood Diamond (Edited): I do love the diamond I wear every day, but it makes me think twice about where diamonds come from and how those who sell them get them. It is a scary world out there!
Most Overrated:
  1. Talladega Nights: or anything at all that has Will Ferrell in it. (Sorry Brant, sorry McKay!) I absolutely do not appreciate dumb humor and this is the epitome of dumb humor.
  2. Star Wars: Not a SciFi fan...so I could not get into these movies. (Also not a fan of poor acting...) I have seen the entire series (though I am not proud of it) so I can have an opinion, but I would never sit through them again.
Favorite Smart Movies:
  1. 21: I mentioned this on my blog already, but loved this movie! If this isn't a smart movie, I don't know what is because those are some seriously smart people!
  2. Shooter (Edited): Again, smart people in this movie out smarting other smart people...what an exciting plot! I loved this one because I thought I had it all figured out...
My All Time Favorite Movies:
  1. How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days: I love Kate Hudson. I think she is the cutest girl and this is such a clever movie. A love fern? What's not to love? I love chick flicks and this is an all time classic for me!
  2. Just Like Heaven: Another chick-flick...surprise surprise and love prevails!
And there you have it!
So McKay and I tag anyone who is reading this who hasn't done it before...Jodi and Brant?

7 comments:

Melinda said...

Center Stage and How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days are two of my favorites too! I have Center Stage on VHS - maybe it's time to upgrade!

Bangerter family said...

I went and saw 21 this weekend. It was awesome! I really liked it. Not as good as Wicked though!

E Winzeler said...

I love your list of movies...I love Legally Blonde, How to loose a guy in 10 days and Mr. and Mrs. Smith is just the biggest turn on ever! You have good taste woman:) I have to admit we watched HITCH awhile back and I thought of you when he had his allergic reaction! So sorry you have to deal with that.

Kristi said...

I agree one hundred percent about Taladega Nights. Lame. Branden made the mistake of taking me to that movie when I was already in a bad mood and I was so irritated! You have good movie taste.

Heather said...

I love Center Stage, too! I thought I was the only one...

annalisa said...

Do you own Blood Diamonds? I really want to see that movie.

amelia said...

Okay, so you know you're movie star look-alike post. Your picture looks the most like Sarah...from Underworld. She's on Serendipity too. So cute! I can't remember her last name to save my life right now, but if I could match you to any movie star, I think it would be her! I have never seen Center Stage, we'll have to check that one out! Do you own it? Lets have a movie night!