Mac's Movie Tag
I was tagged by Branden and Kristi and let me just say that I though this was going to be super easy. However, as I started compiling my list, I began to realize that this was going to be a lot more difficult than originally expected. It was also difficult to leave certain movies off of my list, and I also struggled with the task of finding movies that are not rated-R. Luckily my wife and I own edited versions of all of these "movies of Satan."
Favorite movies you have to be in the mood for in order to enjoy: (I'm usually always in the mood though :)
I was tagged by Branden and Kristi and let me just say that I though this was going to be super easy. However, as I started compiling my list, I began to realize that this was going to be a lot more difficult than originally expected. It was also difficult to leave certain movies off of my list, and I also struggled with the task of finding movies that are not rated-R. Luckily my wife and I own edited versions of all of these "movies of Satan."
Favorite movies you have to be in the mood for in order to enjoy: (I'm usually always in the mood though :)
1. Snatch: One of the greatest Brad Pitt movies. Hilarious in an English humor kind of way.
2. Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels: Some of the same actors as Snatch, and similar in humor. It also has Jason Statham, one of my favorite action movie actors in it.
Favorite movies that make you laugh out loud no matter how many times you have watched them:
1. Wedding Crashers: Do I really need to explain?2. Talladega Nights: This is a tribute to one of the GREATEST men I have had the privilege to know...Old Ricky Bobby himself. Actually the real man I am referring to is my great buddy "B!" He and I went to this movie together while the wives were at young women's and I thought I was going to soil myself we laughed so hard. Probably not the funniest, nor the most appropriate movie on the planet, but it is one of those that brings a lot of great memories back.
Your Favorite Guilty Pleasure:
2. Batman Begins or The Last Samurai: This was a tough call. I love both of these movies and could seriously watch them over and over and never get sick of them. I must secretly want to be a super hero or a samurai.
Favorite movies you have seen so many times, you can recite all the lines:
1. The Jerk: "You mean I'm gonna stay this color?!"2. Christmas Vacation: "Oh, Eddie... If I woke up tomorrow with my head sewn to the carpet, I wouldn't be more surprised than I am now."
Movies that opened your eyes:
1. Amistad: One of the most powerful movies of our time. Plus, you have Anthony Hopkins (need I say more), and Djimon Hounsou. Djimon's performance in this is one to remember..."Set us free!"2. Hotel Rwanda: If this movie doesn't stir something up inside of you, I don't know what will.
Most Overrated:
1. The NEW Star Wars Episodes: Are you serious? Get passed your star wars geekiness and really watch these movies and the acting in them...even you will have to admit they were horrible.2. Pulp Fiction: I know this is a major cult classic and some with think I am crazy...please remember I have only seen the edited version. Also...John Travolta?...come on.
Favorite Smart Movies: (I agree with Kristi...this is a tough category)
1. Crash: I think this is a powerful and real life look at America and the problems we face as a nation.2. The Last Castle: Not many know about this movie. Robert Redford was brilliant in this movie and it was just an all around "smart" movie...or at least his character was extremely smart.
Your All Time Favorites:
1. Good Will Hunting: This movie speaks to me on so many levels. I just wish I could relate to how smart Matt Damon's character is.2. The Power of One: Not the greatest of acting, nor the greatest story of all time, but it is one that is close to my heart and could easily fall under a "smart movie" or an "eye opening movie" category. Extremely powerful and worth watching if you have not yet seen it.






3 comments:
great movie choices you two. I totally forgot about Good Will Hunting, that movie is a classic.
Hey Champ! It has been a while. Trisdan found this through Suzanne's blog I think. Give me a shout sometime, we need to catch up!
Kenyon
My email address is Regan.m.smith@gmail.com or Regan@corporatecreditconcepts.com
Post a Comment