What is it with our left eyes? Could it be because we are both right-handed, so throwing a punch to the left eye is only natural? Guess we know who-hit-who harder, McKay definitely looks worse! :-) Just kidding! McKay's black-eye was from a sports injury a few years ago, but I had to resurrect the picture because I didn't want to post one hideous picture of me in all my glory by myself! My swollen eye happened this morning...
I was out for my morning run, when my eyes started to feel incredibly itchy. I tried to ignore the minor annoyance because I am allergic to about every tree, grass, weed etc...so such symptoms are not out of the ordinary for me. Soon enough, I was having trouble opening my eyes far enough to actually see the road in front of me and my arm was covered in hives. At this point I decided to head for home because I knew something was wrong. I also have a severe peanut allergy, however I was not having shortness of breath so I decided to just run home. I tried calling McKay as soon as I got home because he was playing basketball and I didn't know where but of course, NO ANSWER. I called my Allergist, who told me to come straight to the office. I didn't want to drive myself because of my limited vision, so I was absolutely relieved when McKay finally answered his cell phone. We drove up to the doctors office (thank goodness they work on Saturdays) and the doctor took care of me....This photo was taken on the car ride home, so the swelling had gone down significantly.
Anyway, what was the reaction all about? Add another allergy to the list for the "Allergy Girl" because I can no longer take Ibuprofen or any other OTC anti-inflammatory. At least it isn't an allergy to running!







11 comments:
I love that picture of you! Both of you! Sorry about the eye! Man what aren't you allergic too? That really sucks! Hopefully we will see you guys tomorrow!
AHHH, How awful. But I really DO have to laugh. I love that your the kind of person who can take a picture of yourself in this sad state. I would totally do the same thing. LOL. I almost thought you photo shopped that picture because it looked NOTHING like you. So did they ever tell you what the heck it was that made that happen? Geesh, I would want to know. I hope that all is well, and the swelling is gone!
Good luck Dixie
Shelley
Oh, about those little door hanger plaques, they are $13 dollars finished or $9 for the wood and vinyl. And YA, I totally make them to order, so they don't have to be brown and pink, that just happened to be that little girls nursery color. Let me know if you need some. Thanks a ton,
What a funny post. I feel so bad for you and all of your allergies. You are such a good sport with all of this.
Lookin Good Dixie! :) You sure are a trooper. If that had happened to be my post would have been very whiny and complaining. It seems like we haven't seen you guys forever. We miss you!
Dixie! Are you kidding me? Enough already! Laura and I are reading this together-and we just couldn't believe it! I am so sorry!
I think my only allergy is exercising...you amaze me..and make me look really pathetic to Jay, thanks! I am totally impressed with your running and biking. You know I'm home all day and you can call if you ever need an emergency ride!
Don't mess with the Robinsons! I'm glad you're all better! How scary! Yeah, did you ever figure out what caused it? Hey, I still need your address. Did you get my e-mail?
Glad you found us!!! What did we ever do before blogs? Looks like you are having a lot of fun. Maybe we should get together sometime sooner than later?
Dale's email is wooddale33@yahoo.com.
Ouch! I really feel for ya sweetie! I know how important anti-inflammatories are when u are working out, especially running LOTS and LOTS of miles. There are other alternatives, like soaking in a tub full of ice! :) Who would be that stupid to try that! ha ha ha
Dixie...that is the worst! If I developed an allergy to ibuprofen I would be in serious trouble...I pop like 5 of them for a run...
So sad. I hope you can run ok without ibuprofen. When (not if I'm being optimistic) I get back in my running shoes I'm not going to do any over 3 without ibuprofen.
I still feel bad that we drove right by you and didn't notice. Good luck with the race Saturday! Maybe I'll see you.
Post a Comment