- Notes of interest:
Gas cost us a total of $350
We drove approx 2,100 miles
In 6 days, we drove 32 hours
Lucky for us, we had borrowed my Mom's GPS which tracked the miles and the time for us. Surely we would have spent much more time driving had it not been for that amazing device because we would have been lost most of the time. Thanks Mom!
Our life-saver!
We saw a Giants baseball game.
Who knew you could charge $30 (cash only of course) to each vehicle parking on game day and people would actually pay it!
Who knew that a Wednesday game at 12:45 in the afternoon could bring such a large crowd. Does no one work in San Francisco? The stadium had 38,000 people in attendance!)
McKay, outside the stadium after the game
Lucky for us, we got a new camera before the trip...otherwise we would have never been able to zoom in this close!
Highlight for McKay happened during the game. We left our seats to find some shade and get a drink of water when McKay recognized Adam Jones, the lead guitarist and artist for his favorite band; TOOL. What in the world?! In a sea of 38,000 McKay recognizes him!? He was a way cool guy and let us take his picture to let us prove it!
We also had the chance to tour both the Giants' stadium and the Oakland A's (who also share with the Raiders) stadium.
Outside the Giants' stadium
Inside the Giants' press room
Inside the Giants' visitor's locker room
Our Giants' tour group -- who's that hot guy in the back?
Giants' stadium entrance
A's dugout
McKay' on the A's field
McKay in the bull pen
McKay in the A's dugout...yes, that is a toilet! The A's are the only team to have a restroom in their dugout! I still can't believe he sat down on it! (At least he had his shorts on!)
We also took the opportunity to do a session in the Oakalnd temple. What a beautiful temple!
The final leg of our trip was to see the Redwood Forest. We were in awe at the size and beauty of the trees and the nature surrounding us. We camped the night there, did some hiking and took lots of pictures. Although we have a really nice camera, pictures just cannot capture the majesty of that place. With that disclaimer, here are a few of the highlights...






9 comments:
WOW, What a fun road-trip! Glad you had such a great time...you guys always do :)!
What a great trip! I think I was about 12 or 13 yrs old when our family took that exact trip... it was amazing! Good for you guys! Never a dull moment with the Robinsons!
Those trees are freakin huge! What a sweet trip. That's awesome that you toured the stadiums. They seem a lot more relaxed there then at Yankee stadium where they don't let you step foot on the field or play with the dugout telephone. The Adam Jones spotting is seriously so cool...good eye Mckay.
How fun! I love road trips! You get to see so many things that you wouldn't get to if you flew! Worth every penny of gas!
Awesome. I love all the pictures. You guys look like you had a blast. We did a lot of the same things when we went to San Fran 2 years ago. (Cason served his mission in Oakland) and I loved it! I can't wait to go back. It was so beautiful, and fun.
Miss ya
Shelley
Great photos, looks like you got that camera and figured it out quite well! Keep it up!
It looks like you had a blast. Katrina has been talking about taking the family to San Francisco for 7 years. I'm glad you got to go. I love the red wood forest. The day we visited the redwoods was my favorite P day on my mission.
Regan
PS. How do you like BYU? I'm jealous you got in and I didn't. :) What are you studying? My email is regan.m.smith@gmail.com
Man you guys had a lot of fun! That is so great! Those trees look really fake! I want to see those some day! It looks unreal though! I am glad you guys had fun!
Look at the freedom you guys enjoy! :) That has got to be nice to pick up and leave spur of the moment. It looks like you guys had so much fun! Gotta love Cali! I am loving it here. Not only is the weather beautiful, but there is SO much to do! Next time try taking a road trip down south! :)
Post a Comment