Sunday, April 19, 2009

Salt Lake City Bike Tour

Isn't it great finally having good weather? We were finally able to break our bikes out of the basement (we ride through the winter on indoor trainers in our basement) and do a real ride.

Every year we ride the Salt Lake Marathon course on our road bikes. (They call it the Salt Lake City Bike Tour). They close the streets, so we have free reign. So fun! It has proven to be one of our favorite rides. A cool thing... we can ride together, side-by-side because we don't have to worry about traffic. The weather was a little chilly this year, but thankfully we had warm gear to keep us toasty!

The picture was taken at the finish line. We finished the 26.2 mile ride in about 1:25. Who is crazy enough to run that?! :-)

6 comments:

Jodi said...

Oh, Salt Lake City Marathon, how I do miss thee!!! :) You guys look so cute and I miss riding together! You made great time!! Yeah! So fun! We need to get out and get ridin'! I've got to get in gear for the MS150! Yikes!! Miss and love you guys!

Kristi said...

Hooray Dixie! I was thinking of you Saturday. So glad you guys had fun! My mom did the run in 3:41. She was disappointed with her time because she was injured but still placed 2nd in her age division. It's people like she and you that make me look like such a slacker. :) When are you starting the girls only weekday rides? I miss you!

Tiffany said...

Congrats! I can barely drive 26 miles in a car!

House of Smiths said...

You guys look so great in that picture! SO healthy and on the go~! I love it.
Hey, I have to tell you that I had this WEIRD dream about you and McKay last night.
You guys showed up at my house, for a dinner party, and you had gifts and the whole sha-bang. I felt SO stupid, because I obviously I had forgotten, that i had invited you guys over!! Anyway, you guys were dressed to the NINES in great Halloween costumes (probably thanks to your mom. LOL jk.) and you had a little boy with you, who wore a mask the whole time. I asked who he was and you both said... "Oh he's just our adopt a child, for the night" LOL LOL LOL. What the HECK!?!?!
Anyway, it was SO weird, because all McKay wanted to do, was play guitar hero (Which he brought, from home) and you kept yelling at him and saying... "IT'S NOT TIME YET, HOT PANTS! IT'S NOT TIME YET!"
LOL LOL LOL
It was SUCH a weird dream! I must have eaten something strange last night. haha. I just had to tell you, because it was SO real! I woke up and asked Cason if we planned something, that I had forgotten about...because I was worried that I was forgetting stuff.
I dunno, dreams are weird. lol.
Miss you guys. You look like you are doing great!
Shelley

Heather said...

You guys look GREAT! So much fun! I looked for you guys when the bikes were starting off, but it was SO dark! Let's get some girls' rides going!

Julie said...

I feel tired just thinking about how hard you work. I wish I got out there and experienced life the way you do. That looks exciting.