Wednesday, January 20, 2010

When Do You Call It A Night?


Do your kids go to bed at 7:oo? How about 6:00? Maybe they go to bed at 11:00...


Our friends and family tell us that they put their kids to bed and enjoy a few hours to themselves. In our household, our kids (if we had them of course...) would have to go to bed at 6:00 or 7:00 I suppose. Our bedtime is 9:00.

If we had kids yesterday, they would have had to go to bed at 4:30 or 5:30. We were in bed at 7:30 last night! Yes, seven-thirty! (Ok, McKay was reading and working on his computer...but I was in bed SLEEPING!) It was great...not the fact that I had the worlds WORST headache, but the fact that I was sleeping at 7:30 at night!

I don't have a headache tonight, but it is 9:05. Five minutes past my bedtime.

5 comments:

Kristi said...

I would think you are in your 60's judging by your bedtime. I'm such a night owl and cherish the time after the kids are in bed. But then I want to sleep in and that's hard to do with 3 kids that need to get up and ready for school!!

Heather said...

I'm with you Dixie! 9pm...

Ricky Bangerter said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ricky Bangerter said...

magine this, you have a ton of things you want to do, so the kids go to bed at 7:30 religiously because your married to the bed time nazi, you now have 4 1/2 hours of time to do what ever you want. I highly recommend it. Love the kids, but love the one on one with the wife too!! Midnight is my bedtime. However Michelle has checked out @ 9:00 more than once, if it makes you feel any better.

Julie said...

Wow, girl. You turn in early! I go to bed at 11:00pm almost every night! Then I wake up at 7:00am. I need those few hours after Kate's 8:00pm bedtime to unwind and do my own thing. But you probably wake up a lot earlier than me, right?